Dr. Kenneth Yip is the co-founder of a biotech startup with trial and market phase products, as well as EmpowART Foundation, an international non-profit organization. He lectures with the Department of Cell & Systems Biology at the University of Toronto (Faculty Page) and, separately, leads a research team at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network. Laboratory interests include cancer, fibrosis, drug discovery, drug development, and COPA syndrome.
Dr. Yip has participated in many academia-industry partnerships, ranging from startups to large pharmaceuticals. He previously served as an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego while completing his postdoctoral fellowship at the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute in La Jolla with Dr. John C. Reed. Dr. Yip obtained his PhD in Medical Biophysics, specializing in apoptosis and cancer therapeutics, with Dr. Fei-Fei Liu. (E-mail)
Affiliations and Memberships
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre/University Health Network, 610 University Ave., Toronto
- Princess Margaret Cancer Research Tower, MaRS Discovery District, 101 College St., Toronto
- University of Toronto, Ramsay Wright Laboratories, 25 Harbord St., Toronto
- American Association for Cancer Research; Cancer Prevention, Cancer Evolution, Radiation Science and Medicine Working Groups
- National Science Teaching Association